March Rank Testing
WHAT IS RANK TESTING?
Rank testing is a student’s opportunity to advance in rank. Eligible students will test in front of their black belt instructors in a special ceremony outside of regular class hours. This ceremony will focus on aspects of the curriculum that we have taught this testing cycle: attitude, techniques, patterns, self defense combinations, sparring (green belts & up only), and board breaking. Registration is open now and closes on Friday, February 26, 2021, at 5:30 PM.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO TEST?
#1 You know your material & meet attendance requirements.
• Eligible students have been training for at least 5 weeks.
• Students should be able to perform their required techniques, PATTERN, self defense combination/sparring, and board break.
#2 You have 3 or 6 stripes on your belt
• Beginners are required to have at least 3 stripes from this test cycle.
• Intermediate and Advanced students are required to have 3 stripes for a midterm test and 6 stripes for a belt test.
#3 Your uniform & gear are up to standards
• Your uniform must have 1 Allstar & 1 Taekwondo United patch sewn on the top & your gear must have our Taekwondo United logo and be in good condition.
Testing is always optional. Please do not register unless you feel 100% confident in your ability to pass.
If you meet the above criteria, congratulations – you are ready to test!
You have worked hard these past few months to learn our curriculum and earn your stripes. Your commitment to training, your effort online and in-studio, and your perseverance have not gone unnoticed. This is the opportunity that you have been working so hard for, the chance to earn your next rank! If you’d like to view/learn more about our ranking system (ex. what belt is next for you), please click here.
We offer testing ceremonies roughly every 9 to 11 weeks. This is the only opportunity at which a student is eligible to earn the next rank. We are offering a variety of testing options:
– ONLINE group Testing on Friday, March 5, 2021.
– IN-STUDIO group testing on Friday, March 5 & Saturday, March 6.
– IN-STUDIO & ONLINE group make-up test on Friday, March 12, 2021.
– Private rank testing, learn more HERE.
These ceremonies will focus on a few aspects of the curriculum that we have taught this testing cycle: attitude, techniques, patterns, self defense combinations, no-contact sparring, and board breaking. Registration is open now and closes on Friday, February 26, 2021.
Any registrations after the deadline are subject to a $15 late fee. If you attempt to register after the deadline, there is no guarantee your student’s new rank & certificate will be ready for pick-up by March 8, 2021. Students who are participating must have both patches SEWN onto their uniforms prior to the ceremony. Register below or in your app.