In-Studio Training Update: Group Training
Hello Allstar Students and Families!
We have received the “green light” to open again on Monday, May 18, 2020. We want to share our exact plans for reopening the studio. We can’t wait to see you all regularly again … it feels like it’s been forever! Your health and safety are our #1 priority, and every decision we’ve made has been guided by that premise.
OPERATION STAY SAFE RE-OPENING
Overview: We received notice that gyms and fitness centers may open on Monday, May 18, 2020 following CDC recommendations for social distancing and sanitizing. Below are our plans.
What does this mean for classes?
- LIMITED CLASS SIZES: BOOK YOUR CLASSES HERE
- SANITIZING AND DISINFECTING BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER EACH SESSION
- SOCIAL DISTANCING
- NO SPECTATORS OR EXTRA GUESTS
- SEMI-PRIVATE IN-STUDIO SESSIONS BOOKED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- LIVE, INTERACTIVE ONLINE GROUP CLASSES
During these past two months we have been offering live online group classes, live online one-on-ones and in-studio semi-private sessions booked by appointment only. We have really enjoyed seeing you in our semi-private in-studio sessions; live, interactive group ZOOM classes and our interactive one on one lessons, too!We are glad that you are all keeping up with your training and staying on track with your next ranks AND keeping somewhat of a normal routine, as well.
With the latest government update, our semi-private, in-studio classes booked by appointment only will replace our regular group class schedule (temporarily). This is to maintain the health and safety of our staff and members.
Booking for these semi-private, in-studio classes is available now and will be extended if needed. These semi-private in-studio classes offer a limited capacity of students and follow all CDC guidelines for social distancing and sanitizing. There will be no contact whatsoever (no student to student and no student to instructor).
Classes are now 30 minutes instead of 45 minutes to allow for 15 minutes of sanitizing and disinfecting in-between sessions. Please see “ALLSTARS EXTRA SAFETY MEASURES” below for additional measures we are taking to keep you safe.
What if I’m not comfortable training in-studio this soon?
Please do not worry. We understand that some of our students are not comfortable training in-studio just yet, which is why we will continue to offer our live, online group classes as long as needed.
ALLSTARS EXTRA SAFETY MEASURES:
Now that our plan is laid out, we want to make sure you know about all of the additional health and safety precautions we’re taking here at Allstar Martial Arts Academy.
UPGRADED CLEANING SCHEDULE: Equipment will be thoroughly disinfected throughout the day after each use (before, during, and after each session). We’ve allowed for more time between sessions so we are able to clean equipment and our facility more effectively. This includes the regular cleaning of doorknobs, front desk area, and any other surfaces or objects that are touched throughout the day. Our facility will also have a deep clean on a daily basis.
TAPING THE FLOOR: We have updated our taped floor spots to allow for adequate social distancing. Each student will have their own dedicated space to workout in.
NO CONTACT: We have eliminated all student to student contact and student to instructor contact. This means no contact sparring, no contact self defense, no high fives or fist bumps, etc. Any partner work will be at a six foot distance with no contact. Any equipment that we use in class will be disinfected before and immediately after use.There will be no shared equipment.Please note, contact sparring and contact self defense will be integrated into our training program again in the future when social distancing requirements are lifted and when we feel it is safe to do so.
HAND SANITIZER & DISINFECTING WIPES: These items will be readily available for your use throughout the studio.
MASKS: If you’d like to wear one, please do! Our only precaution is that masks increase the difficulty of breathing and presence of sweat/respiratory molecules during intense workouts. Please wear at your discretion.
TEAM HANDWASHING: Our coaches and team will be washing their hands when they arrive and leave for at LEAST 20 seconds, and also throughout the day after each class or coaching session.
ALLSTAR MEMBER SAFETY PROTOCOL:
We are in this together, and we need YOUR help as we reopen to keep our studio as safe as possible.
- No Shoes On the Mats: We are asking that everyone wearing shoes stick to our designated walkways. No shoes on the mats. This will help avoid tracking in and spreading any germs or bacteria.
- Hand Washing: Please wash your hands (up to your elbows) for at LEAST 20 seconds BEFORE and AFTER your in-studio session.
- Keeping Equipment Clean: Our staff will be wiping down every piece of equipment before and after each use. But, please feel free to wipe down anything yourself (with our provided disinfectant wipes).
- Please Stay Home If You’re Not Well: If you’re not feeling 100%, please stay home and rest or participate in our virtual sessions until you are feeling better. (Our team will also be following this policy!)
- Please Avoid “Congregating” In Groups Before / After Class: We are requiring spectators and extra guests to stay in the car before, during, and after a session to avoid bringing germs in to our studio. We also are asking students and parents to avoid gathering in groups before, during, or after their classes. Again, this is because of social distancing guidelines.
Phew! That was a lot to cover! Please know the above may change slightly if government recommendations change. Thank you so much for your patience as we navigate through the reopening.
We can not WAIT to see you again back in the studio! As always, we’re here for you. If you have any questions or need anything, reach out any time.